Being aware of all Wi18n guidelines can be confusing and time consuming. That’s why we review the whole code of your product, plugin or theme and we make the necessary improvements so translators can work more efficiently, adding or editing rtl functions, missing textdomains function, security etc.
These improvements are sent you through patches from Git pull requests, so they are easy to check and apply.
The major issues we’ll be looking for:
- Structure of your headers
- Loading of your language file using one of these functions:
- Declaration, missing, misspelling, security, etc. of your strings with gettext function
- Presence of comments in your strings
- Generation and inclusion of an up to date POT file
- Creation an RTL stylesheet
- WPi18n Coding Standards
This list isn’t restrictive and follows all WordPress Core evolution.